FF Covid Preparedness Plan
Preparedness Plan for St Felix /St Agnes Faith Formation Program
We will follow the COVID-19 Guidelines for Faith Formation and Youth Ministry Programs published by the Diocese of Winona-Rochester.
- If an adult, child or youth experiences symptoms of COVID-19 or tests positive following attendance at a faith formation activity, the pastor and head of faith formation should be notified immediately.
- If faith formation children and youth attend school in a local public school district(s) that closes an individual school or schools due to an outbreak of COVID-19, the Pastor, following guidance from the County Health Department, will determine whether in-person faith formation activities and events will be temporarily suspended.
Activities and Events:
- Faith Formation that are in-person, need to be static as defined by the Diocese Guidelines. Static – A structured situation such as a talk or presentation on some aspect of the faith. Attendees arrive, sit and listen or pray, and then depart. This would also include faith formation classes for children and youth, provided all participants, except the catechist, face the same direction.
- Felix Holy Family Room or St Felix School Gym will be set up to follow these guidelines. Students will be 6ft away and facing toward the teacher/catechist. The catechist will be facing the students.
- Felix Parish Office conference room will be set up with chairs 6ft apart and facing the teacher/catechist.
- Attendance should be taken at all faith formation activities and maintained on file. Parents should monitor the symptoms of their child(ren) and not send those who exhibit symptoms.
- There is no evidence that COVID-19 is spread by food. However, people sharing utensils and congregating around food service areas can pose a risk. Students may not bring food or candy into the Faith Formation teaching area. They may have their own water bottle.
- Per Minnesota Executive Order 20-81, face coverings are required at this time for all participants over the age of 5 (adults, children, youth, faith formation staff, and volunteers) during indoor activities.
- A minimum of 6 feet of social distancing should be maintained during both indoor and outdoor activities
- Physical contact between individuals should be avoided (i.e. handshakes, hugs).
- Students should be conscious on entering the classroom and have proper social distancing. Dismissal of children and youth from the classroom must be in orderly fashion adhering to social distancing guidelines.
Disinfecting and Cleaning Measures
- Personal hygiene – All participants should:
- Disinfect their hands upon entering the church/school building with provided hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Following each event or activity, all occupied areas must be cleaned and disinfected. The chairs will be sprayed with disinfectant solution.
- Personal belongings (phones, writing utensils. etc.) should not be shared. Each student is encouraged to bring their own book and writing utensil.
Pope Francis’ Prayer to the Virgin Mary for Protection from the Coronavirus
O Mary, you shine continuously on our journey as a sign of salvation and hope. We entrust ourselves to you, Health of the Sick. At the foot of the Cross you participated in Jesus’ pain, with steadfast faith. You, Salvation of the Roman People, know what we need. We are certain that you will provide, so that, as you did at Cana of Galilee, joy and feasting might return after this moment of trial. Help us, Mother of Divine Love, to conform ourselves to the Father’s will and to do what Jesus tells us: He who took our sufferings upon Himself, and bore our sorrows to bring us, through the Cross, to the joy of the Resurrection. Amen. We seek refuge under your protection, O Holy Mother of God. Do not despise our pleas – we who are put to the test – and deliver us from every danger, O glorious and Blessed Virgin. Amen.